Thursday, August 21, 2008

Charger problems

I will be posting photos, as soon as I get around to actually processing them. I've been shooting a little bit, but most of it has been getting my name out there. It takes a lot to get a business started up and everything that could go wrong seems to. Sometimes it's things going right that take up time too, but right now it seems to be things going wrong.

I have an assignment lined up for tomorrow. I just got back from Arizona yesterday, after being there for two weeks, and sometime before I got to Arizona to being in Arizona my battery charger went on me. I had to wait until I got home where I had my Canon Professional services info, before I could deal with it.

The charge and refresh lights started flashing rapidly at the same time when the batteries are plugged in. The batteries don't charge. Now that I have gotten back, I found a good friend to loan me a charger and the batteries are charging fine.

The best explanation I could find is that the charger will do that if the batteries overheat. Both the batteries charge fine on another charger. Canon Professional Services said they don't work on chargers and unless it's under warranty they won't replace it. They didn't give me any explanation.

I'm assuming it was just random chance, but if it's preventable I want to make sure that I don't do it again. The only thing I can think of is that it may of been in some heat somewhere. Has anyone else had problems with leaving a charger in blistering heat and the charger not working?

To add to my list, I found out I need to update my CPS membership.

I don't think I'm going to be able to get this one working, so I'm probably going to have to get a new one. Anyone have one they are looking to get rid of?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails