Saturday, May 23, 2009

Griffin and Seana's Jacksonville Wedding! Part 1












I get a phone call on a Friday afternoon asking if I was available for a wedding "next weekend"! A good friend of mine in Jacksonville had referred them to me. I am glad I was! Griffin, Seana, their groomsman, matron of honor, and everyone else was great fun to take photos of.

The wedding was simple, but the dress was amazing. Seana had hand sewn all of the beading on the dress! She should be a professional at this!

Griffin and Seana's wedding also gave me an excellent experience in the culture of Cambodia and Khmer. There were lot's of little touches thrown in to mix the two cultures. I hope to have the chance to photograph a full Khmer wedding someday.

The wedding wasn't just simple, but it was quick. Seana only wore her gorgeous dress for the ceremony and pictures and then changed into a more traditional outfit for the reception. They had their first dance, enjoyed a few stories, ate some food and then they were off.

Since the bride and groom were gone and I had some willing bridal party members, we ran off to the playground nearby and had some fun.
Congratulations Griffin and Seana!

Don't miss Part 2...

The wedding professionals that helped make it happen
Photography - Pilster Photography with help from my awesome assistant Chris Viola
Venue - Lakewood Presbyterian Church, Jacksonville, FL
Catering - Heirlooms Culinary Cafe
Florist - Hurst Florist - Carl Varnes
Hair Stylist and Makeup - Hadley's Hair Design
Cake - Publix
Rings - Gabriel at King Jewelers

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails