Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Meet the Intern



Hey everyone! Just thought I would introduce myself since I will be posting quite a bit on Pilster Photography’s blog. My name’s Kim and I am the new intern! I’ve been interning for a few weeks now and I have done some really awesome work for Chad. I’ve been writing “Outside the Ballroom” blogs (which you'll love by the way) so keep your eye out for those. They are all about unique venues and provide some general info about each one.

Right now I’m a junior at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management in Orlando with a major in Event Management. I would one day like to be an event designer for weddings. I really enjoy picking color palettes, flowers, cakes, i.e. pretty much anything I can get my hands on. I have already been exposed to some of this through my internship with Pilster Photography. I was able to shadow Chad on a client meeting where I got to hear all about the bride and her big day. I was so excited to find out her colors, dress designer, and get some info on the venue! The client meeting has definitely been my favorite part of the internship so far but there is still so much for me to experience. I’m definitely looking forward to attending some of the great events Chad is working on for vendors and visiting outside the box venues.

I recently did a photo shoot with Chad and it was a lot of fun. I used to work for a Portrait Studio so being the one in front of the camera posing was a very strange feeling. But overall it was pretty relaxed and posing actually wasn't that hard. Here are a couple of my favorites from the shoot.







Black and white photos are my favorite! I feel like peoples' personalities shine through more when the photos aren't in color. There is nothing to take away from the smile on your face or that twinkle in your eye. I also really like that classic and sometimes old-timey feel black and white photos have.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails