Thursday, July 8, 2010

Outside the Ballroom: Lakeridge Winery



I've never been to a winery seeing as I'm only 19 years old. So when Chad mentioned that he wanted to do a site visit at Lakeridge Winery I was super excited! It was also exciting to know that there's a winery just west of downtown Orlando. I've lived in Central Florida my entire life and I never knew it was there! Maybe it's because my parents aren't wine connoisseurs, or maybe it's because I just don't get out enough ;-)





Lakeridge Winery is nestled on 127 acres of beautiful, rolling land in Clermont, Florida. It was definitely an interesting ride to the location. Never have I ever seen hills like that in Florida! My stomach dropped a few times and I was nervous not being able to see what was on the other side of the hill but all that was totally worth it once we got to the venue. As soon as I stepped out of my car I could smell the fresh grapes which totally amazed me. We got to go on a tour where we were able to see where they fill the bottles and package everything up. They also showed us where they typically hold ceremonies and receptions.





One thing about the winery that I love is that when you rent it out for a private event you get the entire venue! They primarily do evening rentals because the winery is open 7 days a week until 5pm for complimentary tours and wine tastings. All of their packages are entirely customizable and you can move your ceremony indoors up to the day before the wedding in case of bad weather.





The upstairs has a unique u-shaped room that can accommodate up to 120 guests maximum but they like to cap it at 80 so there is plenty of leg room. They also have a great outdoor area that can accommodate up to 350 people if you'd rather have a larger wedding.



The best time to have a wedding here is in March or August when the vines are their greenest. Ceremonies will typically take place on the sides of the building so that you and your guests can be up close and personal with the vineyard. You can then head indoors for the reception or to the upstairs patio that overlooks the vineyard. From what we've heard the view of the sunset is perfect from the patio =)





What you need to know about this venue:
Location: 19239 US 27 South, Clermont, FL 34715
Price range: $$
Ceremony site: Yes
Reception site: Yes
Outside caterer's allowed: Yes
Parking available: Yes
Valet: No
Outdoor space: Yes
Capacity (without a dance floor): up to 350
Styles: unusual/alternative

Outside the Ballroom: This is a series about discovering other amazing venues that exist for weddings and other events, ranging from castles, to traditional antique ballrooms, to bed and breakfasts, to anything that cannot be classified as a modern ballroom or meeting room. We also want to hear from you about the venues you've discovered, so please submit them in the comments or email them to info@pilsterphotography.net with Outside the Ballroom in the subject. For more info you can find it at the Introduction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! This blog looks just like my old one!

It's on a totally different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Superb choice of colors!

Take a look at my blog ... sbc business pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails