Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Casa Monica, Castle Otttis, and the White Room, three of St. Augustine's awesomest with Christina and Tom (and Abby)





When I first started doing weddings in Orlando I started to do my research on some of the best photographers in the area. There are some good ones, but I truly found some great ones. Abby Liga was one of those and since then we've become pretty good friends. Back in February she put a post out looking for a second shooter at a wedding and I jumped at the opportunity to help out a colleague. She didn't tell me that the wedding was going to be at three of the most awesome and beautiful venues in Florida!





The amazing masterminds behind these St. Augustine venues were Christina and Tom. It started out at with Christina getting ready at the Casa Monica hotel. This hotel originally opened in 1888 and it's beautiful!









The ceremony then took place in a castle. Castle Otttis is a landscape-sculpture built without blueprints. One of it's architects and caretakers is Rusty. It's a place or worship and they only invite people to get married there who respect this. It doesn't have much room for an audience, so you may need to shorten your list and invite everyone else to the reception.























































Christina and Tom mixed up their invite list so much, that when I walked into the reception I wasn't sure that I was at the same wedding. There were maybe 30 people at the ceremony and over 100 at the reception. The reception venue was the White Room. You could not have picked a spot in St. Augustine with a prettier view overlooking the intercoastal.

















mmmmmmmm.... Lobster!





Christina created these hanging and glowing balls herself. They were gorgeous!





This band rocked! There were 4 of them and they sang and danced and got the dance floor hopping. I would totally refer them, but they didn't have cards on them and I gave them mine, but they never got back to me. If you know who they are, send me a link to their website!



Some of the other amazing vendors were -
Harpist - Melody Anglin with MBM Events
Photo booth - Shutterbooth
DJ and Band - Breezer Entertainment



Once again it was such a privilege to work with the awesome Abby. Here she is peaking her head out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

KILLER first image!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails