Monday, October 13, 2008

OUC Triathlon

Usually I am running in triathlon's (http://chadpiltri.blogspot.com), but the Orlando Sentinel asked me to shoot one. The greatest thing about waking up at the crack of dawn is the morning light. I can't say enough about the gorgeous light.

The start of the race was at a completely different spot than the end, so instead of running with my camera gear or trusting the events shuttle, I actually brought my bike. I shot the beginning of the race and then road the course backwards.






I really tried to show that this was happening in the middle of the city. I also tried to mix a little bit of street photography with an actual event.












Nic Tautiva (below) would of won the race, except for a wrong turn on the bike which disqualified him. This also meant all of the great shots I had of him were taken a notch down. This gave me a reminder for races where the age groups are scattered (Although, there is no easy way to find out who is first in an age group, unless they are the first person across the finish line. If that makes sense)




All of these images are available at http://pa.photoshelter.com/gallery-show/G0000fv68Ce5kC7Q

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos, I especially like the combination of the tall buildings and the athletes in motion.

Deniel Hopkins said...

good post and love the photos!! especially that last one!!
keep tri-ing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails