Thursday, February 18, 2010

FAQ - Can you recommend a camera to me?

Ask me anything at http://www.formspring.me/PilsterPhoto

I am a amateur photographer moving up to professional photographer.Kindly, use your professional experience to recommend a good DIGITAL CAMERA that i can buy.


Everyone has their own preference for digital cameras. Most professional wedding photographers and photojournalists use the higher end Canon or Nikon's. Depending on what type of professional photography you want to do, I also recommend buying two cameras. If one breaks down while you are on the job, you will not have time to rent another. This also allows you to not have to switch lenses all the time.

There are other cameras that pros use including Mamiya and Leica. I also heard Sony came out with a pro level SLR.

You don't need the newest camera's with all the coolest gizmos. When I had to start fresh I located the oldest model cameras that I felt would do the job. I am now shooting with 2 Canon 1D Mark IIs which were released almost 6 years ago.

Recently I picked up a 20D to be used as a remote camera and third backup. It is relatively inexpensive, but will get the job done.

Besides looking for cameras that were quality for a low price there were a few other factors that went into my cameras. They had to be durable, have a high frames per second (If you know me, you know I like to run the motor drive.), handle low light well, produce decent sized image files (You don't need monstrous sized files to print good images), the ability to switch lenses, and of course reliability.

My biggest recommendation is to go in and experiment with many different cameras then decide what you like the best. Definitely find one that you can easily change everything to a manual setting. Also make sure that it can shoot at at a high ISO like 1600 or 3200 and still produce quality images. This will take some research on your part, but allow you to find a camera that fit's your tastes.

Good luck and send along a link to your portfolio, I'd love to see your work.

Ask me anything

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails