Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bookmark Cleaning - Beth Rooney

Like I said before these are just bookmarks I collected. I don't remember when or even if I met some of these people (I apologize now for not remembering you!). I am trying to come up for a better headline for this, so if you have any ideas, let me know. "Bookmark Cleaning" sounds very boring.

Beth Rooney has a journalistic style, but appears to still be finding herself. Some of her pictures reach outside of the box while others are more straight forward. She may just be finding herself in her portfolio. She probably could do really good with a tighter edit.

She graduated from Ohio, one of the top PhotoJ schools in the country (Somewhere behind SJSU ;), in 2005.

She starts her portfolio off on the Campaign trail.

Then she tosses a category for food right at the top of a documentary portfolio, a portfolio that uses very little lighting and setup photos. Food photos are usually heavily lit and sculpted for the camera. Just pick up Cooking. I wonder if this may be a passion of hers, but it's nice to see her using natural light really well in these food portraits.


Put under my "3 Star Photographers"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails