Friday, February 20, 2009

Covering the Races - Daytona's Speed Weeks

For six years I had covered the Daytona 500 and I thought this was
going to be the year I didn't.

Lately I've been focusing on telling the
story of weddings and not NASCAR, but I got a phone call a
couple weeks ago. My roots are still in editorial and I still do quite a few of those assignments when they roll in and I don't have anything else. My old newspaper had credentialed me so I could help them out.

Like every other speed weeks, that I've covered, this one kept things
interesting. For the first time ever I had a chance to cover the pits during the race. I even had a chance to get up close to Keith Urban as he gave the media room a two song concert.

It's nice to mix things up every once in a while, it keeps me fresh.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails