Thursday, February 5, 2009

Headed to Daytona!


When I grew up I knew what the Daytona 500 was, although I didn't know that much about it. Even when I interviewed for the job at the Daytona Beach News-Journal, I didn't put two and two together until Sam Cranston started asking me about race car drivers. Now that I have been here for six years I haven't missed a 500 and I can slide my way through a conversation with the die hard NASCAR fans.

I thought this would be the first year I was going to miss the race, but then I received a phone call the other day. The News-Journal told me I am credentialed and hired to help them with the races.

So it looks like I will be covering the Daytona 500 and the Speed Weed races leading up to. It will be the first time I am doing it as a freelancer. I will be available for contract work, that doesn't involve the actual cars on the track, if you know anyone looking.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails